Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Reads of 2012 Readathon: Books That Kept You Up All Night Challenge and Goal!



Today it's my turn to host for the Last Reads of 2012 Readathon (find out what I'm talking about HERE! You can still sign up! If I mention anything that you don't understand, it will be cleared up in the Readathon post) and I am posting about something called "Sleep? What’s That For?" If you would also like to post your own version of this "challenge," feel free to do so! Just make sure to include a little description of the challenge. Or just leave me comment on this post!

This Readathon is a Readathon built specifically to let you catch up on your last books of 2012! Want to read some of those review books you got ages ago but have been meaning to get to? What about that book that you bought but has been collecting dust on your shelf ever since? This is the place to get caught up on that! Just go HERE and find out what you can do and sign up!

My challenge, "Sleep? What’s That For?" is pretty self-explanatory. They're the Books That Kept You Up All Night! You know, those night you do this when the rest of the world is sleeping:


Then you start getting really tired and sleepy and you want to do this:


But the book is SO good/intriguing that you just HAVE to find out what happens next, so you do this:


And the next day you feel like:

this:  and/or this: 

Yeah, we've all been there. So what books have kept me up all night? Let's take a look! Now, it was hard to just choose a handful since I'm a night owl and, naturally, I stay up and read at night. So I'm going to cheat by listing some series instead of singular books.. (click on the images to take you to the book's Goodreads page for more info)

Oh the Blood Coven Vamps...this series was great! It was so much fun to read, funny, entertaining...really hard to put down!

See my review of: Stake That | Girls That Growl | Bad Blood | Night School | Blood Ties | Soul Bound | Blood Forever (coming soon)

Mythos Academy is AMAZING! Such a great story line, and characters (LOGAN!) and a beautiful mixture of Norse and Greek mythology! I LOVE mythology! So yeah, this series is pretty unputdownable...pffft, it's not like I need sleep ;)

See my review of: Kiss of Frost | Dark Frost | Crimson Frost (coming soon)

Ah, the Soul Screamers...there's something about Rachel's writing that just pulls me in and wont let go. She writes with so much emotion and takes me on an epic emotional roller coaster that I find myself awake at all hours of the night reading!

See my review of: If I Die | Never To Sleep | Before I Wake (still reading it ;))


This one was a very cool retelling. The ending especially kept me hooked...I really wanted to know how things would turn out. I was so close to the end, and it was already late, so I said, "Eh, I'm already up, might as well finish it and satisfy my curiosity." ;)

See my review of Jekel Loves Hyde

This one's another retelling...a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. I was up all night reading this book because my brother was sick (dad was sleeping, mom was at work, so it was up to me, the 1st year nursing student/big sis to take care of the 8-year-old twin). And okay, that wasn't the only reason...the book was just very captivating with its vivid scenes and interesting characters! Definitely worth a few hours of my sleep!

(just finished this book, so review will be coming soon)








Those are just a few more memorable ones. And dont forget to let me know which books have kept you up at night!


And now onto my goal for the Readathon! Originally, the list below (plus 5 others I'm done with already) is what I wanted to get done... but 10 days to read 10 books?? Ha! I'm a fast reader, but not that fast! These are all review books (with the exception of Before I Wake*, which I am borrowing from the library), so now I'm hoping to get at least 1/2-1/4 of these read before the year ends. In other words, I want to make a good dent in this pile.

  1. Before I wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent *
  2. Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles #1) by J.A. Souders
  3. Broken by A.E. Rought
  4. The New Death and Others by James Hutchings
  5. Narrative Loserdom: From Journal One by Ryan Collins
  6. Tidal Whispers by various authors
  7. The Other Slipper by Kenechi Udogu
  8. Any Love But Mine by Debbie Davies
  9. The Mine by John A. Heldt
  10. Phoenix Angel (Shardwell Series #1) by A. Gerry and C. Hall

But we'll see what happens ;) And I'm keeping track of my books on this page, so you can drop by, if you'd like, to see ho I'm doing.

What are your goals for the challenge?? Made a post? leave me a link and I'll drop by!

12 comments:

  1. I love books that make me want to forego sleep ~ and I *love* sleep almost as much as reading. ;) I will have to look into your choices. I have Splintered on my list (I have a Net Galley copy) to read asap! A few books that have kept me awake: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green; Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein; Scorpio Races & Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater; Revolution by Jennifer Donnely. Just to name a few. :)

    My challenge in a few days, but here's my post with what I hope to get done. ;)

    Have a great day!

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Sleep and reading are 2 things that I absolutely love in life! lol

      Splintered was amazing! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      I have not read any of those books, but I'm gonna have to check them out ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've only read jekel and hyde and splintered from your list! Will have to catch up with the others if they are that good!
    Here's my post: http://sarahelizabethsbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/last-reads-of-2012-readathon-sleep.html
    Good luck with the rest of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they are amazing! You will most definitely want to check them out!

      Delete
  3. Great post!! Love the guy with his eyes propped open!

    I'm working on a post for some of these challenges --- I can think of so many books that kept me up late, dying to know what was gong to happen next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, that's Mr. Bean...silly dude in a silly movie (which we watched yesterday, lol)

      Yeah! There are SO many books that kept me up, but I only wanted to have a handful as to not make my post super long.

      Delete
  4. Those pics are all so perfect. LOL Books that kept me up all night... this is kinda tough! On the Island and Sweet Evil I would say. I remember not wanting to put either one of those books done. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Sweet Evil has been on my to-read list for a while now! It sounds like it's a really good book!

      Delete
  5. Wow-you must have been very sleep deprived this year! I hadn't heart of the Mythos Academy series before your post, but they sound like awesome books-I'll definitely have to add them to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah... *very* And that's only a handful ;)

      Yay! Mythos Academy is one of my most favorite series ever! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. The Raven Boys was the one that kept me up just a few weeks ago although with work and all I do prioritize my sleep a lot. Hoping some books keep me up late during this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that but heard many good things about it...I might have to check it out!

      Delete