Sunday, October 21, 2012

Showcase Sunday (#23)


Welcome to Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed form the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Hey everyone! I got some awesome stuff this week that I'd like to share with you all! (Click on the image to take you to the Goodreads page of the book for more info.)

First, I won this in a giveaway held by Kim Harrington (Thanks sooo much!) I am super excited to start reading this!

Dead and Buried ARC, Jade necklace, $10 giftcard for iTunes
and the Dead and Buried playlist!

I'm borrowing this one from the library (I'm sad that it's the last in the series, but I'm anxious to find out how things will turn out after Rayne's little bargain with Hades, Greek god of the Underworld...)


This next one I got from the author to review (E. is a great author! And I am super exited to start this one! It sounds like such a fun read! And I just love that cover!)


And lastly, the next ones I got from Netgalley to review:


  • The New Kid: This one sounds interesting and more than slightly mysterious :)
  • Lunatic Revenge: I've read the 1st book in the series, but not the 2nd, and this one is the 3rd one! But I loved the 1st one and once I read the 2nd one I'll move onto this one :)
  • Undeadly: Okay, this one just sounds AMAZING! First of all, I LOVE reapers and the main character is a reaper! Second of all, I LOVE mythology and there's Egyptian mythology going on in this one! :D Apparently the god Anubis is the one who chooses the reapers. So yes, I am beyond excited to read this one! Two of my favorite things in one book...how great is that?!

So that's it for me! What bookish things did you get this week??

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations with winning The dead and buried! I love this cover :)

    Happy reading!
    Showcase Sunday @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very excited to receive it! It sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. The Dead and Buried... Looks awesome and Congrats on winning it! I haven't heard of the Blood Coven Vampire Series... it looks awesome and right up my street, I'll have to add this to my TBR list for definite :) I also got New Kid, so I can't wait to read it!

    Great Haul this week! New Follower... Here's My SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I really like the Blood Coven series! To tell the truth, I wasn't much of a vampire fan before this series, but Mari Mancusi made sure to change that!

      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely recap for the week! So many great books there. Happy Reading!!! My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul this week. I loved Undeadly. It was amazing. I haven't heard of the Blood Coven Series off to check it out. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting! I can't wait to read Undeadly!

      And you should definitely check out the Blood Coven Vampires...it's a very good vampire series!

      Delete