Sunday, October 7, 2012

Showcase Sunday (#21)


Welcome to Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed form the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

This week was the same as last, I didn't get much, but what I did get I was super excited for! As you all know, I am a HUGE fan of mythology, Rick Riordan specifically, so you can imagine my excitement when I got home from school and found this:

As you can kinda see in the background, I have a shelf dedicated to only
my mythology books. And that shelf is already pretty full!

Also, Mari Mancusi was awesome enough to send me these! (I LOVE her books!)

These are all going away to a few lucky winners, so stay tuned!

I got this ARC from J. Taylor Publishing (thanks so much!)

I am extremely excited for this one! Call me morbid, but I  LOVE reapers!

And lastly, I'm borrowing this one from the library. I am a huge fan of Pretty Little Liars (both the books and the show!) and recently I've just been really into the books since the show wont be on until sometime around Halloween.

Book 7 in the series...I have a hard time keeping track of
which books is which in the series, lol

Well, that's all for me. What bookish things did you get this week??

16 comments:

  1. WOOOO You're reading the Pretty Little Liars series *-*
    I would love too! But they are way too many books and I can't buy them all - Maybe I'll buy the eBooks! ^^
    Great haul!
    Thank you for stopping by!
    Sara @ Sara In Bookland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series! And I totally understand! Buying so many books can get expensive! That why I borrow them from the public library :) lol

      Delete
  2. Have you started Mark of Athena yet? It's great so far! Hope you enjoy it!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but I dont doubt it will be amazing!

      Delete
  3. The Mark of Athena looks really good!! :D Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick Riordan is an awesome writer, so I'm excited to read this one!

      Delete
  4. Oh I preordered Mark of Athena for my daughter on her e-reader. I told her that she has to hurry up and tell me how great it was then I will read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm sure she'll love it! My younger brother is excited to read it too!

      Delete
  5. The library definitely is the way to go...though I'm probably not going to read that series...I read one of her adult books and wasn't thrilled!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I get books from the library all the time 'cause I'm broke thanks to nursing school, lol

      I understand. I've read books like that and then felt no motivation to read any other books by that author.

      Delete
  6. Reaper! I'm excited for that one! I haven't read anything by Rick Riordan, but I probably should one day. :P

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick Riordan is an amazing author! I would definitely recommend his books!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You ahve a great haul. I'm a fan of They Lying Game... I haven't actually read Pretty Little Liars! Reaper Looks awesome!

    I'm a new follower...

    Here's My SS

    Emma @ Never Judge a Book by its Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that series, but it looks interesting!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Hi

    I think you're the fourth or fifth blog that I've read that is promoting Reaper.

    Definitely one to watch.

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing it around a lot too! I'm very excited for it!

      Delete