Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: Unraveled (Intertwined #2) by Gena Showalter

Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
Title: Unraveled

Series: Intertwined #2

Previous book in this series: Intertwined

Author: Gena Showalter

Publication date: August 2010

Published by: HarequinTEEN

Source: Borrowed from library

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Synopsis:

Since coming to Crossroads, Oklahoma, former outcast Aden Stone has been living the good life. Never mind that one of his best friends is a werewolf, his girlfriend is a vampire princess who hungers for his blood, and he's supposed to be crowned Vampire King—while still a human! Well, kind of.
With four—oops, three now—human souls living inside his head, Aden has always been "different" himself. These souls can time-travel, raise the dead, possess another's mind and, his least favorite these days, tell the future.

The forecast for Aden? A knife through the heart.

Because a war is brewing between the creatures of the dark, and Aden is somehow at the center of it all. But he isn't about to lie down and accept his destiny without a fight. Not when his new friends have his back, not when Victoria has risked her own future to be with him, and not when he has a reason to live for the first time in his life….
My rating: ★★☆☆☆

(Q & A format)

Lets see if I can put my jumbled thoughts into a coherent review.

Q: Why? Did you not like this book?

A: Hmmm, how do I explain… AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There :) Its not coherent, just like I suspected lol

Q: Is that a good or bad ahhhhhhhh?

A: Bad, a very bad ahhhhhh! I think its one of the most infuriating books I have ever read!! It made me want to cry in frustration, and bang my head against something hard (preferably a wall)! But I didn’t because everyone was sleeping at the time. lol

Halfway through the book I strongly considered stopping right there. But I didn’t because I didn’t want to give up on the book just yet. I think somewhere deep down I was hoping for the book to get better. Man, I should’ve just stopped there. However, it did get a little interesting, for a little bit.

I really got into it when Aden possessed the witch’s body to get information. I was like, “Yes! Finally this is getting interesting!” This was like halfway into the book. From there until the part where they were in the cave with the witches and the fairies, vampires, and werewolves were outside of it fighting, I was happy. This was towards the end of the book and I thought, “Huh. I think I‘m really going to like this ending (and the book, for that matter) after all.” Boy was I wrong!

After the incident with the witches and the fairies, Mary Ann had to leave town because the vampires and werewolves wanted to kill her.

That I can deal with.

But you remember Elijah’s oh-so-famous vision about Aden getting stabbed in the heart in a street? Well it finally came true!!!! OMG!! We all knew that was inevitable, but Aden didn’t even fight the guy who stabbed him!! And Victoria did nothing as well! She could’ve used her voodoo voice (like Mary Ann calls it) or something! But noooo, nothing! And that wasn’t the worst part...



The idea of souls being trapped inside of someone for apparently no reason (that we know of yet) is fantastic! But this series was very disappointing. After I read the first book, I decided to give this one a chance.

Q: Was it worth it?

A: Not really. Plus, I didn’t really like any of the characters. That’s weird because I usually always like at least one, and if the book is lucky enough, more than one :)
Victoria- Never liked her. She creeps me out, and I just plainly cant stand her! Don’t ask me why, ‘cause truthfully, I don’t know.
Riley- Don’t care for him.
Mar Ann- Umm... she’s okay.
Aden- I wish I could say that I love him, but I cant. I don’t hate him either…he’s alright.

And okay, maybe I lied, a little. I actually do like some of the characters.

Q: Oh. Which ones?

A: The souls!!!! I love them!! And they’re the reason as to why I even bothered reading this book. Actually, they’re the only reason why I read this book. Unfortunately though, they were hardly mentioned! For crying out loud!!! I thought this was supposed to be about Aden, the souls, who they were before they died, and how in the world they got inside Aden in the first place! I felt like they were put on the back burner for most of the book. Grrrrr!!!!!!

*takes another deep breath* And I hate myself because I’m very tempted to read the third book. I think that in order for me to actually like this series, some things would need to be fixed in the following book (highly doubt that will happen though):

1.

2. The vampires, werewolves, witches, goblins, fairies, elves, unicorns and everything else needs to go away so that…
3. THEY CAN FOCUS ON THE SOULS!!!!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment